Artifice and Agency

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Planet of Slums

I already told you guys that you'd need to read The Urban Climacteric and A Surplus Humanity? -- the first and last full chapters in the book, Planet of Slums for Wednesday. Giving our discussion of the harrowing section Living in Shit, most of you will have grasped that the chapter Slum Ecology is also one I think you should read. Those three chapters are key. I think it would be lovely if you managed to have tackled The Prevalence of Slums and SAPing the Developing World (chapters two and seven), well, it would be lovely if you managed to read the whole thing of course. But in terms of discussion Wed, I'm counting on everybody having made it through those key three chapters and would be very well pleased if you managed to get through those three plus 2 and 7 if you can swing it. How are people finding the book, by the way?

1 Comments:

  • Sucking my will to live but I am drinking through it. I would expect nothing less!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home